Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Blast Spotlight: Unique Assassin

  
The Giant Blast: Why do you call yourself the Unique Assassin?
Unique Assassin:  I named my self after Lazy Bone (nick named #1 Assassin) and ODB (nick named Unique Ason), which were my two favorite artists from my two groups at the time.

The Giant Blast: How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Unique Assassin: My style is a mix of many styles.  I definitely would not consider myself a back packer.  My style can best be described as a drug dealer on an acid trip… I love acid.

The Giant Blast:  What types of tracks bring out the best in what you do lyrically?
Unique Assassin:  I think the songs that I speak about my real life experiences are the most relatable  but when I go off on a tangent can be more entertaining. To each his own.


The Giant Blast:  So far, what has been one of your greatest achievements as an artist?
Unique Assassin:   My greatest achievement hasn't happened yet, but I have started to do what every emcee dreams, which is get paid for my music, and I have a song with Ceasar Comanche from the Justice League on my Spelling Bee Champ EP.


The Giant Blast:  So far what has been one of your worst experiences as an artist, and how did you learn from it?
Unique Assassin: My worst experience was when I stepped out of the game for a couple years.  I stopped doing shows and just focused on selling drugs to make my money.  I got caught up and did a little jail time before I really started focusing on the music again.


The Giant Blast:  Could you tell us about your EP The Spelling Bee Champion?
Unique Assassin:  My EP in a nut shell is just a real hip-hop album, beats and rhymes. The main thing that sets me apart is my personality.  Drugs have definitely expanded my mind and way of thinking and it shows in the EP.


The Giant Blast:  Who did you work with on this project?
Unique Assassin:  I have Reeplay making the beats.  Ceasar Comanche, Shinobi Stalin, Mike Rosa, Will Handle, Am I Am, Mygrane McNastee, Sean J, and Dillz, are featured on the EP. Twist oversees it all and basically makes everything come together real nice.


The Giant Blast:  Who would you like to work with in the future?
Unique Assassin:  If I had a chance to work with anybody I would love to work with Redman. I think our styles would work well together.


The Giant Blast:  What does Unique Assassin get into outside of music?
Unique Assassin:  I am a busy man. I currently have a 4 year old, I work, and am going to college full time. When I am not doing any of the above I am at a bar getting wasted. Pretty much real nigga shit!


The Giant Blast:  Is there anything you would like to plug?
Unique Assassin:  Spelling Bee Champ EP coming real soon.  Civil Mics Mixtape, Braille, and the tri-fecta project also coming at you real soon.
For more information on Unique Assassin check out these links!





For More information on
The Giant Blast e-mail us at

No comments: