Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Blast DJ Spotlight: DJ Modesty

Check out The Giant Blast featured DJ, DJ Modesty.  DJ Modesty is a long time member of our digital record pool, and for all Modesty's hard work with supporting our Blast featured artists and spinning the music we blast out from our record pool on his Real Hip Hop Radio show, as well as reviewing different music from our pool, we honor DJ Modesty by dedicating a section of our Blast Blog to him.

Check out this Giant Blast one on one exclusive interview with France based Hip Hop DJ/producer, DJ Modesty!

 
 
The Giant Blast: How has your 2010 been so far?
DJ Modesty:  2010 start very well, I did many projects like special radio shows hosted and Mixtapes.  It seems that 2010'll be a year full of events and Mixtapes, it's a good sign for the future.  I'm happy to work more with some people that I respected a lot, pionners & real Hip hop mc's, Dj's...
 
 
The Giant Blast:  How long have you been spinning?
DJ Modesty:  It's the 10th anniversary of my DJ career.  I began in 2000 but things really started later when I bought my 1st pair of Technics Turntable to learn about deejaying.
 
 
The Giant Blast:  What DJs influenced you to spin?
DJ Modesty:  I'm a golden years fanatic and i raised up in this era.  My idols were Funkmaster Flex, Dj Premier & in France some Dj's like Cut Killer, Poska, JR Ewing.  First, I like dj's who do Blend Mixes and play underground sounds with Boom Bap beats but I like also to listen turntablism skillz like beatjuglings, scratches when it's with the Hip Hop Musicality.
 
 
The Giant Blast:  You also produce, what inspired you to make beats?
DJ Modesty:  I think that to produce is natural for a DJ because after listening and playing sounds, we want to be the man behind the MPC.  First, it's because I like music and I was curious to know how to build a beat, to use the material and to be happy to listen to a Emcee on my beat, but it's also a next step to be recognized by the Hip Hop world.  A producer have more impact than a DJ because he's the reason of the success of a song.  I wanted to have exclusives to mix in my projects and to keep alive the Boom Bap beats.  My favorites producers are DJ Premier, Pete Rock, alchemist, Showbiz, Large Pro... and I would like to have the same impact but i have not their experience so my sounds are very differents.
 
 
The Giant Blast:  Who have you worked with so far?
DJ Modesty:  As a Producer, i got a joint of Camiliano from Crown city QUEENS for my next Album and i continue to keep beats for this project.  It's just the begining of Modesty as a Producer. As a DJ, i worked with a lot of mc's like Nut Rageous, Cold Heat, Curt Digga, Guru (R.I.P.), Ali Vegas, The Closers, Smiley The Ghetto Child, Bekay, Napoleon Da Legend, Milano, Imam Thug & Many more...and i performed on many events as a  DJ for shows or BBoying, Top Dance Battles (5 th Times at Juste Debout in Paris-FRANCE...)
 
 
The Giant Blast:  Who would you like to work with in the future?
DJ Modesty:  I'll like to work with Dj Premier, Mic Geronimo, Kool G rap, Royal Flush, Infamous Mobb, Mobb Deep, Nutso, Saigon, Smiley the ghetto Child, Big Shug, Nas, CNN, Group Home, MOP, DITC...Some artists from The Golden years and some Real Hip Hop Mc's & producers.
 
 
The Giant Blast:  What projects or mixtapes have you put out in the past?
DJ Modesty:  1St Album Mixed Kings From Queens, i did some Special real Hip Hop Show Mixtape editions (Nutso, Cold Heat, Noe, Paradyce), Tribute Mixtape for KILLA SHA (R.I.P.), Special Queens Retrospective Vol1 hosted by Ali Vegas, The REAL HIP HOP SHOW official Mixtape Vol 1, SEAZ independent Mixtape (Winter), International Cool Mc's with Franchise Da King Mc, Street Stranglerz Vol. 1 hosted by Blaze Burna, Same Game New Voice for Chane Linc, My Law My Order Vol 4 & 5 with Misphit, R&B Flava Vol 1 & 2 ...
 
 
The Giant Blast:  Are there any projects that you are working on now?
DJ Modesty:  I continue to work on some Tv Interviews that i started with Nutso & Bekay. The next editions'll be with Napoleon Da Legend, Ali Vegas, Smiley The Ghetto Child, M Dot, Sav Killz, BBAS, A&E... i Work to drop some Real Hip Hop Show Mixtape editions dedicated to Ali Vegas, Smiley The Ghetto Child, Napoleon Da Legend... I Also work on the M DASH Mixtape, the Kyron (Screwball) Street Album & soon a mixtape for my homie Curt Digga & Verbal Harassment. i did some cuts on projects like Crazeology, DG Beats...and i continue to produce for KINGS FROM QUEENS Part 2.
 
 
The Giant Blast:  What does DJ Modesty get into outside of music?
DJ Modesty:  My work outside Music is to teach Hip Hop Dance so i'm a lot around the Bboying universe.  My 1st love is Basketball so I play in the team of my city and I try to practice in the playgrounds too when i have time to do. Sincerely,all my time is to work on the Music, on Internet to do promo, work on Mixtapes, Radio Show, beats... and I couldnt forget the essential, my family, my girlfriend with our baby. It's really hard to have enough time to do all that, (laughs). 
 
 
The Giant Blast:  Is there anything else you would like to plug?
Yeah, dont forget to check the Real hip Hop show every week on WWW.DJMODESTY.PODOMATIC.COM
More infos about Dj Modesty Mixtapes, Shows, Events... on the myspace WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJMODESTY
or on Facebook 
 
Big Thanks to the The Giant Blast for the Interview, J-Coleman, Big shouts to my Real Hip Hop Show Fam : Lordgang, Screwball, Infamous, UGA, Closers dj's...Curt Digga, Smiley, NDL, Ali Vegas, M Dot, Walter, Nutso, Cuban & PPM, Camiliano, Dj Brasko, Dj Loscar, Dj Rena... KINGS FROM QUEENS PART 2 Coming soon so stay tuned....BIG REST IN PEACE to my homie KILLA SHA.
 
DJ MODESTY
"THE REAL HIP HOP SHOW"

SCREWBALL DJ
/ CLOSERS DJ / LORDGANG DJ / BOGISH BOY DJ
INFAMOUS DJ'S
/ UGA Worlwide...
djmodesty@aol.com

(0033) 681.542.154


WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJMODESTY

WWW.DJMODESTY.PODOMATIC.COM


 
For more information E-Mail us at TheGiantBlast@aol.com 

No comments: