Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Blast Spotlight: Durt

The Giant Blast:  Why do you call yourself Durt? 
Durt:  The trap gave me that name because I blow with the wind.  In your state today, gone tomorrow.
 
The Giant Blast:  How long have you been rhyming?
Durt:  For about 10 years off and on, but I've made it a serious career over the last 2 years.
 
The Giant Blast:  What inspired you to pursue a career in the music industry?
Durt:  B.I.G. did. I always liked no matter what record he was on he painted a portrait when he spoke to the masses.
The Giant Blast:  You also run Presidential Records, besides yourself what other artists do you have on your label?
Durt:  Capt B, Westside, L-Boogie, Bp, Black Ty, Dice Nitty and a few other folks.  Can't spill everything. (laughs)
 
The Giant Blast:  What's in the future for Presidential Records?
Durt:  I have no clue.  Big things! But truthfully only the Lord can answer that one for you shawty!  All we can do is keep pushing forward with what we do best. Making music.
 
The Giant Blast:  Speaking of the future, where do you see your career in the industry in the next 5 years? 
Durt:  Lord willing, Presidential Records is consider to be a new Universal Records. Hosting all genres of music.  Including those we can't name off the top of our heads. (laughs) 
The Giant Blast:  Where do you see hip hop in the next 5 years?
Durt:  I see hip hop being controlled by the "Indie Artist".  That's just my opinion though. We'll just have to watch and see.
The Giant Blast:  Who would you like to work with in the future?
Durt:  Anyone who's willing to work with me, and is serious about working.
 
The Giant Blast:  Who have you worked with already?
Durt:  Only the members of my camp.
The Giant Blast:  Is there anything you would like to plug?
Durt:  Check out more music and info on me and my camp at www.prrecording.com
Also we are in search of management and booking agents. It can become kind of tiring trying to wear all these hats. (laughs)
For More information on
The Giant Blast e-mail us at

No comments: