Monday, September 26, 2011

J*Midd talks about "Choosing" with Ying Yang Twins, plans for the future and God over Money!

The Giant Blast:  How would you describe yourself as an artist?
J*Midd:  Very Unique. 99% of rap and even mainstream music these days could be categorized as explicit.  Stuff our kids and our youth shouldn't be listening to.. I have found a way to deliver simple, positive and CLEAN music that still has the mainstream feel that can rock a club.  The fact that I have parents in my corner wanting to get my CD for their kids is a very good feeling.  I'm here to set standards and display positive messages to the generations to come, our kids.  Also, there is not really a white artist that raps, sings and song writes.  Em is all rap, Justin Beiber is very poppish.  I have found a way to hit both mainstream and the streets.  This hasn't been done before so when it all drops I feel it'll catch the industry off guard.

How would you describe one of your latest singles "Choosing" featuring Ying Yang Twins?
At the end of the day everyone knows who the Ying Yang Twins are.  I did a lot of traveling and a lot of shows with them, including our big shows at Club La Vela in Panama City, Florida for Spring Break week for the past 2 years.  So eventually I spoke with the Twins and their manager and we set it up to do a song together.  This is definitely more of a Ying Yang style song.  Very up tempo and just a song for the ladies.


Other than the Ying Yang Twins, who did you work with for this single?
I wrote the song awhile back.  Went and picked Kane up and we recorded it.  Shortly after D-Roc finished his part to complete the song this song was produced from my hometown producers who I started out with, Ronnie and Larson Productions.  We later remixed it to a DJ Shocka beat who is one of my international DJ's, HE IS ONLY 15!


Who all have you worked with in the past?
I have had the blessing to work with and do shows with a lot of big name artists.  Flo Rida, Travis Porter, Roscoe Dash, TQ (formerly of Cash Money), Gorilla Zoe, Twista, Ying Yang Twins, DJ Unk, Raheem The Dream, 69 Boyz, 95 South, F.L.Y. Shop Boyz, Pastor Troy, BoneCrusher, and many more.  I currently have features with Ying Yang Twins, Gorilla Zoe and 8Ounz, DJ Unk, Montana Da Mac and the Legend Raheem The Dream.


Who would you like to work with in the future?
There are several people I would enjoy working with in the future.  My favorite artist growing up was Atlanta artist Jody Breeze.  He was the first artist I ever started following and studied, because he very hot during the time i really started learning how to write hip hop style music.  Artists who compliment my style would be people like T-Pain, Flo Rida, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, David Guetta, Justin Timberlake, and a few others.


What projects do you have coming out soon?
Several projects are in the works for me right now.  My main theme is "God Over Money" I'll always push that as my brand because that's how I try and live my life.  I am a very strong Christian and keeping God #1 on my priority list is key.  That's where the God Over Money phrase comes from.  My album will drop first quarter of 2012, titled Redefinition of Party.  I feel that the party scene is very boring and getting very repetitious these days. I feel its time to switch it up a little bit, so that's why you will see what I mean by redefining out to PARTY.
I have several singles I will be dropping possibly an album before the album by the end of this year (2011) really building the buzz for the album.  I do a lot of song writing for myself as well as others.  A lot of my stuff that I have written for other people will also be coming out, building my credit as a song writer in this industry.


Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
Lord willing, I see myself as a very established artist and song writer.  Worldwide traveling and touring.  I would love to be the next Sean Garrett or Ne-Yo as a song writer/Ghost writer by then.


Speaking of the future where do you see the music industry as a whole within the next five years?
I pray the music industry takes a turn for the better in the next 5 years.  I feel the message of music today is just too negative and derogative for our kids to be feeding their minds with.  I feel music will definitely be more electronic, dubstep, futuristic in 5 years.


Who are some of your inspirations?
My father was a huge inspiration for me.  He was with a Christian group called Newsong back in the day.  They were inducted into the Contemporary Christian Music Hall of Fame. Watching them pack out big venues was a big reason I got into music like I did.  Styles I studied were like I said earlier, Jody Breeze, T-Pain, Flo Rida, David Guetta.


Most of your songs seem to be party or club type of records, do you have any songs that have a different type of tone?  Could you describe those songs for us?
People will definitely see different sounding projects from me.  My goal is to show off my versatility as an artist.  I have chosen to go the party/club route first.  I have played acoustic guitar since I was 8 years old.  You will def see an acoustic project from J*Midd.  I also have been hitting the Rock genre recently, performing with live bands.  Definitely will see a Linkin Park meets One Rupublic meets Flo Rida sound soon as well.  From Reggaetone to Techno to Dubstep, I plan on doing everything EXCEPT Country music.  (laughs)


Is there anything else you would like to plug?  Any shout outs?
Shout out to my team, TQ and Kado.  High Rock who does all my mixing.  JD and My producers I work with.  My family who I love so much.  Everyone says I would like to thank God. but I would like to take it to another level and say I would like to thank my Savior Jesus Christ who died for me and made everything possible.  When none of us deserve anything, He gave us life.  Therefore I give him my life and my talents to give credit where its due.
Last but not least I give a very special thanks and shout out to my wonderful manager Miss Veronica T. She has helped mold me into the artist I am today. She has shown me a lot and protected me in this industry. We make a great team and I couldn't imagine going on this journey with out her right there next to me. Shout out to The Giant Blast for their help and support and shout out to J Mora for hooking me up with you guys!  Expect to see that J*Midd/JMora hit coming very very soon!! Blessings!


No comments: