Friday, October 7, 2011

DJ Colossal's I-Pod Pick: J*Midd & Ying Yang Twins "Choosing" (Video Slideshow)


     Today's I-Pod pick is "Choosing" by J*Midd and Ying Yang Twins.  In my opinion this record is bigger than the I-Pod (or any portable device), this record is most certainly for the clubs and is guaranteed to get a party started!  The hook is real catchy (as most dance songs are), while J*Midd and the Ying Yang Twins chant "I'm choosing, eeny, meeny, miny, moe, I'm choosing eeny, meeny, miny moe, who wanna roll with me tonight!", using the popular children's counting rhyme style that kids say when "choosing" someone to be "it" for games such as "Tag" and "One, Two, Three, Go", and the Ying Yang Twins are certainly known for taking popular children's rhymes and turning them into hit club songs.  J*Midd strongly kicks off the songs first verse, while D-Roc and Kaine energetically shout their rhymes for the 2nd and 3rd verses.  This song isn't meant to be "deep" or has any type of message behind it, "Choosing" is simply an entertaining party song and J*Midd along with Ying Yang Twins accomplish that. 
 

No comments: