Tuesday, February 1, 2011

DJ Colossal's I-Pod Pick of The Week: DiverSe "Genius" (produced by 9th Wonder)




I’m DJ Colossal. I am a member of The Giant Blast e-record pool, and each week I will dedicate this section of The Giant Blast e-magazine to write a short review on some of the music I receive through the e-mail blast. Now this section isn’t to critique the music, or over analyze the record, it will just be a quick write up on my personal music picks and sharing my opinion on what makes the record hot in the first place, and hopefully some of my favorites will end up being one of your favorite’s as well.




My I-Pod pick for this week is a YouTube music video by an artist named DiverSe, a member of the Civil Mics Movement. The song is titled “Genius” and is produced by 9th Wonder and it‘s featured on the mixtape Mind of a Lyricist Vol. 3! I am a huge fan of the entire Hall of Justus family, so when I saw that 9th was credited as the man behind the beat on this I was anxious to give it a listen, and I must say that it was well worth the time. 9th Wonder puts together a nice, soul-ed out track that matches perfectly with the artists voice and delivery. DiverSe uses this track to showcase his talent as a lyricist. The video is simple, yet still entertaining to watch and compliments the song. It’s a great visual to get you more familiar with the artist. I cosign this record, and I strongly recommend you all downloading the Mp4 and add it to your I-Pods. Here is the video….
 

No comments: