Friday, December 31, 2010

The Blast Spotlight: Jessi Jae Joplin

Check out our Blast one one one interview with Blast featured artist Jessi Jae Joplin.

 

The Giant Blast:  How would you describe yourself as an artist?  
Jessi Jae Joplin:  Indescribable.    


The Giant Blast:  What does Jessi Jae Joplin get into outside of music?
Jessi Jae Joplin:  Besides music, I am extremely passionate about fashion.  I’ve worked in fashion here in LA and also when I lived in New York City for fashion designers and magazines.  I definitely have a few fashion “projects” in the works that I’m very excited about!  






The Giant Blast:  Who do you listen to in your spare time?  
Jessi Jae Joplin:  I listen to a lot of “oldies” like The Beatles, The Doors, The Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel and Queen.  The contemporary music I listen to mostly consists of Phoenix, Miike Snow, Empire of the Sun, Spoon, Passion Pit, MGMT, Daft Punk, Calvin Harris, Gorillaz and Justice.  That is just a small portion though.  I’m constantly going to festivals and concert and discovering new bands.  

The Giant Blast:  What type of beats bring out the best in what you do?  
Jessie Jae Joplin:  I’ve always been really into electronic beats with an 80s flare.  

The Giant Blast:  Who would you like to work with in the future?  
Jessi Jae Joplin:  I would absolutely LOVE to work with Calvin Harris.  I am such an admirer of his work.  Miike Snow (also known as the crazy/amazing production team Bloodshy & Avant) would also be pretty dope to work with.  I’m a huge fan of the songs they’ve produced for other artists, not to mention their own band is one of my all time favorites.  

The Giant Blast:  Speaking of the future, where do you see yourself as an artist in 5 years?
Jessi Jae Joplin: I still want to be heavily involved in music and the arts.  Just on a larger scale.   A few records under my belt and being involved in fashion design and magazines.  

 
The Giant Blast:  Getting back to the present, what are you working on right now?  
Jessi Jae Joplin:  Right now I’m writing and recording new music, filming a webisode series which will air online this month and also planning a tour! 
 
The Giant Blast:  For those that haven't seen you perform live, how would you describe a Jessi Jae Joplin show?  
Jessi Jae Joplin:  Well every show is different, but what remains constant is the energy we bring to the stage.  Our shows are not only fun for the audience, but we have a great time too!  We try to interact with the crowd and I definitely bring my wild and crazy personality to the stage :)
The Giant Blast:  Anything else you would like to plug, any shouts?  
Jessi Jae Joplin:  Everyone stay tuned for new, original music coming soon!  Also subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/jessijaejoplin, to tune into our webisodes airing later this month!
 
 

For more information e-mail TheGiantBlast@aol.com

No comments: