Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Blast Spotlight: Diverse


The Giant Blast: Why do you call yourself Diverse?
Diverse: If you look it up it means, "of various kinds or forms" I feel that is what represents my music the best. Showing different kinds and forms to give you music.


The Giant Blast: What do you feel that you are bringing to hip hop?
Diverse: I believe im bringing myself. Nothing super natural, nothing too flashy. Just real live music, that comes from real life experiences.


The Giant Blast: How would you describe yourself as a lyricist?
Diverse: I happen to be getting better by the song. Every song is structured different, so different sides come out, sometime you want more of a flow, or more lyrical content, as of now I think I'm in the right
"lyrical path" (laughs).


The Giant Blast: What type of beats bring out the best in you?
Diverse: The beats that are sooo dope they confuse you. Why? Because you don't know where to start from or how to approach it, but somehow your pen can't stop writing.


The Giant Blast: Who have you worked with so far?
Diverse: As far as artists, wow, let me see ummm, Praze, Raden M, Dyme A Duzin, Crucial, MajoR (TNR) those are just off the top of my head. As far as producers, I been blesses, fundamental from toronto, Big UPs! Also HyFyve, 21 The Producer from AZ, Very talented Young Man! Dude is Fuego! Praze I've worked with over the Years, Peruvian Black local cat from my city. Just a lot of hardworking individuals on their grind like me.


The Giant Blast: Who would you like to work with in the future?
Diverse: I would love to make a mixtape or album with all production By Fundamental, I think we understand each other and would make great music. In the future i'd love to work with Hopsin. He's a local rapper who I personally know.


The Giant Blast: What's in the future for Diverse?
Diverse: Wow, that's a BIG question, well hopefully the future holds a lot of BIG things. Like maybe my own website, bigger fan base, distribution for my music releases. The biggest of them all would be go on a Mini tour.


The Giant Blast: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Diverse: Can we ask Mike Jones? Haha (inside joke) 5 years from nooooow. That's a long time from now, that's out of my reach so its something I let god deal with and have I store for me. Hopefully still be alive and doing and making money from what I love doing... Music.


The Giant Blast: Where do you see hip hop in 5 years?
Diverse: Nowadays it's soo Bi Polar that who knows. One month we are jumping and snapping, and the next we are kissing chicks threw the phone, or having a fetish for lemonade. I'm hoping its A LOT better then its doing right now, i'll tell you that much.


The Giant Blast: How has it been like being with the Civil Mics Movement?
Diverse: Right now, I'm just a new comer, I'm the latest and Newest Member. But so far so good. Its a good place, a good home for artist to network and lend each other a hand for anything. Definitely glad for my decision of joining.


The Giant Blast: Where does Diverse draw his inspiration?
Diverse: I draw it from all the right places. Right from the gut, your instinct & Real Life experiences. Or sometimes just things that I see in my every day life, and would like to share it on wax.


The Giant Blast: What do you like to listen to in your spare time?
Diverse: The Radio!!........... sike. Haha. I love listening to real laid back fresh/raw/grimy sounding hip hop. I Love Slum village, Fantastic Vol 2 on constant rotation. Gotta love Little Brother and 9th Wonder, Elzhi, Blu & Exile, Black Milk, Common, MF Doom, Madlib, Madvilliany! Just things of that nature and of course gotta Bump that J. Dilla! My biggest inspiration in the fact that he had such a passion for music that you can really feel it in his work of art which were his beats.
Though I believe he is a very underrated rapper haha.


The Giant Blast: Aside from rapping what else does Diverse like to get into?
Diverse: I Love basketball. I Love playing it, I Love watching it. BIG Laker fan by the way. I'm actually pretty good at shooting hoops as well.  Also Playing that Xbox 360 on Live. Gears Of War 2. All Day Everyday!  Haha add Me: DiverSeTNR1 yeah can get it! (laughs) Other than that I'm a chill dude not a party guy type.


The Giant Blast: Is there anything you would like to shout out or plug?
Diverse: I want to send a shout out to my TopNotch Immediate family, FriSk, my brother from another mother. MajoR that's My big Bro! & Xpress that's the Nerd of the Fam, he knows it! Also Civil Mics wassup? Fist Up! and to all the people that took the time to read this, thank you. Last but not least founder of Civil Mics Movement and also My Manager Twist!
Goood Looking Bruh.



For interviews, e-mail blasts, inquiries about our digital record pool service, advertising or for additional questions and information e-mail us at TheGiantBlast@aol.com

No comments: