Monday, February 1, 2010

The Blast Spotlight: The One Kemist




ADD THE ONE KEMIST ON MYSPACE AT
http://www.myspace.com/theonekemist




The Giant Blast: How has 2010 been for The One Kemist so far?
The One Kemist: Well 2010, I've just been on the grind trying to negotiate a couple of label deals (NOTE: this interview took place before The One Kemist's recent signing to A&M Records). Meanwhile I'm promoting my new album, along with the single "Throw It Up" produced by Thanos; (shout outs to him). Also preparing for a show I'm doing for Superbowl, Probowl and NBA Allstars weekend. I'm about to wrap up three new music videos. First one "The Letter," then "Throw It Up," and the last one "Question About Our Love" featuring Young Marquis. All those songs are off the album. In my personal life I've also been blessed this year so far!




The Giant Blast: What are your plans for this coming Summer?
The One Kemist: This summer I will be touring and promoting the album all summer, matter of fact all year until I go platinum.




The Giant Blast: Your forthcoming album drops in May what can we expect to hear on it?
The One Kemist: For the album expect the truth, expect real hip hop. I want perfection, so I gave my all on it. For me this album will be a classic. I just hope others can respect and appreciate my craft.




The Giant Blast: Who are you working with for this album?
The One Kemist: Just my fam Young Marquis. He is a talented up and coming artist. You can check him out on myspace, and youtube, he is doing his thing. I have 2 others I'm hoping to collaborate with, but right now its not for certain.



The Giant Blast: What type of beats bring out the best in The One Kemist?
The One Kemist: The beats that brings out the best in me are the beats with hardness to it. Just raw, with a boom and bap. Something hot but different as long as I can rock to it without the words being on it. Those beats I take my time on, really listen to it for a whole day before I write anything.



The Giant Blast: Making music and entertaining is in your blood, you come from a long line of musicians and performers, could you break that down for us?
The One Kemist: Well I'm a third generation musician. My grandfather, his name is Jack Philpot. He is very well known and respected jazz musician. He's been doing it for over 40 years; touring, movies and TV shows. You can google him just to know more about his history. Then, my uncle Brian Philpot a-k-a DJ Cut Creator. For those who do not know he is LL Cool Js' DJ and has been for over 20 years. He is also well respected in the industry. That is why I am the third generation.




The Giant Blast: Do you plan on collaborating with any of your family members or have you already?
The One Kemist: I have already collaborated with my cousin Young Marquis. My grandfather and uncle we have been talking about a couple of ventures we can do together.




The Giant Blast: You also have a DVD coming out soon too, put together by Mr. Self Taught, could you tell us a little about that?
The One Kemist: Yes, Self Taught, first I would like to say this brother is a good dude and very humble. We came together to capture footage of a real MC on the grind. To me that was "ill," "real," "raw," and "honest" you feel me. So I'm proud of my grind. Look out for: "On The Grind" with The One Kemist hosted by Self Taught. We have more projects comig up for example the behind the scenes/ making of Wordz of The Soul album.











For More Information E-Mail us at TheGiantBlast@aol.com

No comments: