Monday, February 8, 2010

The Blast Spotlight: Celsius911



The Giant Blast: Who is Celsius 911?
Celsius 911: Celsius911 is the future of hip hop. Celsius911 is the hot headed, cold hearted, energetic new artist that's going to bring about a change in the industry.

The Giant Blast: How long have you been rhyming?
Celsius 911: I started around age 15 just playing with words but started to take it serious when I got attention and good feedback.

The Giant Blast: What influenced you to pursue a career in the rap game?
Celsius 911: I always had a competitive spirit growing up so when I got into hip hop I just naturally wanted to be 1 of the greatest. It really went from battling in the lunchroom to learning how to write songs and I just kept that same competitive edge the entire way.

The Giant Blast: What has been one of the highlights of your career so far?
Celsius 911: There's been a lot of highlights such as being the first artist on 106 and park freestyle Fridays, to making it on the Kings Kounty album with featured artists like; M.O.P., Rass Kass, and Jay-Z, to being one of the members of the alternative group Bro-kin Haylow to being a vice president for an independent label. So there's been a lot of key moments but if I had to choose one I would say it was completing my new album Diary Of An Arthur.

The Giant Blast: What has been one of the worst experiences you've had in the industry so far and how did you learn from it?
Celsius 911: I cant say there's been one specific bad experience but overall there's a lot of fake people in this business and the way I handle it is by being real and staying grounded. I surround myself with positive energy at all times and keep a small circle of people around me that I trust.

The Giant Blast: How would you describe your forthcoming album Diary of an Arthur what can listeners expect?
Celsius 911: Its a look into my mind, my feelings, and my experiences. I'm giving skeptics and fans a chance to walk through the chapters of my life. For example I have a song on the album entitled "Sake" which is a lyrical club joint about a Japanese wine I like to drink called "Sake" then there's a joint called "Superior" where I'm just going crazy with the punch lines and flows cause I feel I'm superior and than there's a record on there called "I Wonder" which speaks about me wondering will I ever find a love that's greater than music. So overall the album is fun, upbeat, but also at the same time real and harsh which turns out to be all the things we all go through as human beings.

The Giant Blast: Who did you work with for the album?
Celsius 911: I worked with my long time producer ZukHits. He produced the entire album. All the artists I have on there are other artists that I respect such as; Tah Jiggs, Pino Grigio, Blacks, Bryce, and Mic L to name a few.

The Giant Blast: Who would you like to work with in the future?
Celsius 911: There's too many names to mention. I have a high appreciation for music overall so anybody that puts their heart into their music is a person I'm down to work with.

The Giant Blast: Besides rap, what e lse do you get into?
Celsius 911: Definitely writing so for all artists that need help writing their next hit, get at me celsiusbk911@gmail.com. Company wise I'm the 3rd partner of a company called Triforce. Triforce does everything from music producion, to song writing, to mixing, to management. We help get artists through the entire process. The CEO"s of the company are ZukHits,Blacks,and myself(celsius). I also have a promotional company called Mic-Fest that involves 3 partners as well;Permiss,Bobby Steelz,and myself(celsius). We throw music related events ranging from basketball tournaments with live performances,to showcases for up and coming talent, to modeling events featuring up and coming talent.

The Giant Blast: Is there anything else you would like to plug, any shout outs?
Celsius 911: Diary Of An Arthur coming soon, the remix of my club record "carnival" coming even sooner. Celsius911 is the name and Diary Of An Arthur is the campaign. Also definitely Heavy shout out to the Triforce bosses,shout out to Mic-Fest,shout out to Aurora Nights, shout out to my boy Mikey T the Movie Star ,shout out to Brooklyn of course and shout out to Baltimore. Shout out to everyone that's been in support of the whole Celsius911 and Diary Of An Arthur movement. Also of course big shout out to the giant blast. Check me out on







No comments: