Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Blast Blog Interview with D.I.V.




The Blast Blog:  Why do you call yourself D.I.V.?
D.I.V. :  It stands for Destiny In Vision.
 
Where are you located?
I am in Yonkers, New York
 
How long have you been rhyming?
Forever... Since about 14
 
 
What inspired you to rap?
I just grew up listening to hip hop and my love for it is expressed through rhyming. I also think that the ability to express myself lead me to it. I used to be more poetic as opposed to just rhyming.   
 
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I would say im smooth but still raw. I am deep, but still able to connect with people. I am most definitely original and my style is flat out dope and unique to me.
 
 
For people that haven't heard your music, what type of topics do you rhyme about?
Human nature, our struggles with power and our vices.
 
 
What sets you aside from other rappers in the industry right now?
I just feel I'm something that people do not get anymore.  I'm original, flow crazy, got great wordplay, and far from my pinnacle.  I am unlike anything out now.
 
For those that haven't heard, what can listeners expect to hear on your current mixtape The Vision's The Foundation presented by The Legendary Ron G.?Amazing production, back to back bangers, clever wordplay,  consistent concept, and linked metaphors between tracks, but with seperate vibes and topics. This project is album quality, New York hip hop at its finest. It got mostly all original music, classic sample choices, sick story lines, and The Legendary Ron G... If this isn't classic, I don't know what is... I could definitely say there is something for everyone and it is very well put together.
 
Who did you work with on this mixtape?
As  far as other artists, my brother Nuf Sed, Hop Da Great and D Boi The Bad Guy.
The Main Producer was my producer Joey C. Also have production from my homie Jay Chef, Lyr1kz and A.O.  as well the classic Deadly Combination redone with Ron G and a dope Alchemist beat.
 
Who have you worked with before?
The biggest names i have worked with are DJ Vlad, DJ Khaled, DJ Ron G  and DJ Kool Kid, I have worked with a few artists worth mentioning; Hoody Gee (DFG) Hop Da Great, and my Giant G Fam.
 
 
Who would you like to work with in the future?
I would love to work with New York artists period. I am a fan of the new NY rappers out now. I love how we are taking back the attention, one way or another, not that we ever lost it, but i feel the attention wasn't here.
 
Speaking of the future, what are some of your goals for the rest of 2012?
I have the So O.D. Vol. 2 project coming out with Nuf Sed.  I have a bunch more videos to drop, and I wanna drop two more mixtapes.
 
What inspired you to reach out to The Giant Blast for promotion and PR?
I have heard great things while researching and promoting online. I seen what you guys did for other artists and felt you were going to be a good company to build with.
 
As for your current single and video "Puff Pass", are you high right now? 
LOL just kidding....
No, but i was an hour ago....lol
 
April 20th just passed.... what did you do on that day?
Believe it or not, i didn't smoke once on 420...I was handling a lot of business that day, and wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it.  I smoke whenever I want to, but don't let it f**k my flow up and take control.  As much as I love to smoke, I don't need a day to do it.  I wound up in the telly that night with my shorty... its crazy right?
 
 
Is there anything else you would like to shout out?  Any plugs?
I would just like to say if you haven't already heard my latest mixtape to definitely download it... its worth the hard-drive space, I PROMISE!  Also check out some of my videos and let me know what you think in the comments.  Please support real music!  Look out for a new video for "U C Me", "Wake N' Bake" and a video from my Giant G, Sha Jiggs called All Day All Night.  Go to http://destinyinvision.com to see all the latest and greatest from D.I.V. and everyone who's ridin with me and follow me @div2g
 

No comments: