Thursday, November 3, 2011

DJ Colossal's I-Pod Pick: Lova J. "If I Only Had One Wish"


This week's I-Pod pick is on South Carolina soul singer Lova J's single "If I Only Had One Wish".  This song is about a crush a man has on a particular woman that he wants to be with so badly, but she is with someone else.  So the vocalist wishes that he could be with her instead.  The song conveys this message smoothly without the artist coming off as some love sick stalker or emotionally deprived love beggar.  What really makes this song so great in my opinion is that the track has a real "old school" early to mid 90s R&B vibe to it, and that's good to hear when most of the R&B songs coming out today have a real heavy synthetic, robotic futuristic Euro pop sound to it.  The guest rapper by the name of G.P. really adds flavor to the beginning of the song and does a great job opening the song up for Lova J.  This is a nice song to sit back, relax and chill to while listening.


No comments: