Monday, June 21, 2010

The Blast Spotlight: Bri



Check out our Blast one on one interview with the Princess of VA, Bri.  In this interview Bri talks about her career, her single with Gucci Mane, and her plans for the future.


The Giant Blast:  How long have you been singing?
Bri:  There's not a time in my life that I cant remember myself singing.  Music has always been a part of me. I even have a recording of myself singing a song my father wrote at the age of 3.

The Giant Blast:  What inspired you to sing?
Bri:  I was born to sing and play music. So it was something that came naturally. I always knew that's what I wanted to do.  

The Giant Blast:  How would you describe yourself as a vocalist and how do you stand out from all the rest?
Bri:  My vocal style and texture is soulful yet very versatile. I like to explore my voice and use it
in different ways that a lot of other artists don't tap into.


The Giant Blast:  How would you describe one of your latest singles "Heartbeat"?
Bri:  Heartbeat is an uptempo, "danceable" track with a driving beat.  It's one of those type of songs that you can really feel and get hype to.  

The Giant Blast:  For the listeners how would you describe your song "Just A Girl" featuring Gucci Mane?
Bri:  "Just a Girl" is a fun take on female empowerment. Its all about how guy should or should not     
come at a lady. 

The Giant Blast:  Other than Gucci Mane, what other artists have you worked with?
Bri:  Haven't worked with any other artist yet but my team is currently working toward getting me with some other major recording artists.  


The Giant Blast:  What producers are you working with?
Bri:  I work with team music group.  Also I produce and write myself.  I'm currently collaborating with a producer by the name of Gerard Thomas (who has worked with Destiny Child, Ashanti, Mel B, Lemar, Missy). 

The Giant Blast:  Who would you like to work with in the future? 
Bri:  Well I'm kinda old school.  So I can really see myself working with a lot of the greats that came before me including Prince, Stevie Wonder, Elton John and Joni Mitchell.  Some have passed on like the late Jimi Hendrix and Michael Jackson, but as far as today's artists go I could see myself working with Neyo, The Dream, Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake, and Janelle Monae.     




The Giant Blast:  Speaking of the future, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Bri:  I see myself at the top of the music game.  Traveling the world performing, recording and doing
what I do best. Also, I can see myself producing and writing for other artist. 

The Giant Blast:  Is there anything you would like to plug, any shout outs?
Bri:  I want to shout out my manager, Troy Davis. And the engineer who helped me get started early on, Marty Blount. Also my loving parents who always give me their full support.



For more information e-mail us at TheGiantBlast@aol.com

No comments: