Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Blast Spotlight: The Rat Pack


The Blast featured Artist for this week are The Rat Pack!!!

Download new music from The Rat Pack here...

"Test Run" http://www.mediafire.com/?toycmz2nhnu
"What's Good" http://www.mediafire.com/?nmjwydwh2mw
"All In" http://www.mediafire.com/?hzdvljwztzt



The Blast interview with THIRD of THE RAT PACK



THE BLAST: Who are The Rat Pack?
Third: The Rat Pack is myself 3rd, Rif, Kwest and Lyriks


THE BLAST: How would you describe the other members of the Rat Pack?
Third: Rif is real cool and laid back but you can tell when you see him he don't play. He has a presence to him, Lyriks is the young one, real ambitious and eager to do things. Kwest rhymes and do beats. He a perfectionist, he strives to put his best foot forward, but we are all leaders.


THE BLAST: How did you all come together?
Third: I knew Rif back in high school. I was the new kid and I ran with him and his people. I was battling and doing songs but he wasn't into rhyming like that. His brother was a DJ so he always loved the art of hip hop. I met Kwest at college. We got in some sessions and I was cool with him 'cause he had this flow and was a lyrical cat. You know sometimes that's hard to find. Kwest knew Lyriks I really don't know how but I hooked Rif and Kwest up last year. Rif hit me up wanting to do some music so I linked him up with Kwest. Kwest was feeling the way Rif was spitting. Not too long after that Kwest trying to get Rif to do a project but Rif wasn't interested in a solo at the time. That went on for a minute then the Rat Pack idea came up. Rif and Kwest told me about it and I was down and then Kwest was talking about Lyriks and he had a love for the art like us and we just went in. We did the mixtape just for the love of hip hop and to bring some balance to what's out now.


THE BLAST: Do you all plan on coming together for future projects?
Third: We will always do projects. We are all cool. We are working on an album now and even with the solo projects we help each other with promotion, beats, mixes whatever is needed.


THE BLAST: Speaking for just 3rd, what are some of your future plans?
Third: As for me I wear a lot of hats. I engineer, produce, do web sites, graphics and teach. Right now I working on building the Hustle Mill company. I want to use all my talents in that company to help other people push their ventures.

THE BLAST: So we can't really expect a 3rd solo project in the foreseeable future, correct?
Third: I don't plan on a solo project, but I didn't plan on rhyming on the Rat Pack album either. I was just supposed to mix and do beats. I just did a solo song but you will have to check the Rat Pack page to see if it leaks.

THE BLAST: If you could speak to hip hop as if it were a woman, what would you tell her?
Third: I would tell her to stop letting everybody treat her like a toy. I know everybody likes their fun but there are people that love and miss how you use to be.



Check out The Rat Pack mixtape




Check out Rat Pack on YouTube



The Rat Pack "Love & War"





The Rat Pack First Impressions PROMO VIDEO





Nas "Made You Look" (KWEST REMIX)


Add The Rat Pack on MySpace here at


No comments: