Friday, June 29, 2012

Mono Bagends talks about his new single "On Fire", working with D.R. Period, appearing on 106 & Park and more in This Interview


The Blast Blog:  How did you get the name Mono Bagends?
Mono Bagends:  Basically, I like to spend time by myself and not hang out with a whole crowd of people...I don't need a whole entourage.. so friends started calling me Mono....meaning the prefix for one.  Bagends is a slang term for when you make money....you bag-ends...It added flare to the name and that's what I am in this to do..make myself money.


The Blast Blog:  What inspired you to become a rapper?  
Mono Bagends:  I always had a love for it, but one day I was chilling with my friends and one of them suggested I become a rapper because that is all I talk about. Then I heard this voice in my head tell me to do it...and I turned and looked at him and told him I would become a rapper. They thought I was nuts...but most people do. God influenced me to do it. Thats who the voice in my head was. 


The Blast Blog:  How long have you been rapping? 
Mono Bagends:  Around 10 years.. 


The Blast Blog:  One of the milestones in your career as a rapper is that you appeared on 106 & Park when you barely had anything under your belt as a performer, how did that come about and what's the story behind that? 
Mono Bagends:  That's funny that you call that a milestone...it was the first time I ever picked up a mike and rapped in front of anyone. One of my boys was basically daring me to do it so this idiot called the show and got me an audition. I had to go once that happened. I couldn't back down.  I battled 3 people at one time at the audition and made the show.  It was a great experience. 


The Blast Blog:  Who all have you worked with so far? 
Mono Bagends:  The most famous person I have worked with producer wise would be D.R. Period...he did "Ante Up" by M.O.P..."Hey Ma" by Cam'ron and a whole host of other things.  I like working with up and coming artists and producers because they have that hunger. 

The Blast Blog:  Who would you like to work with in the future? 
Mono Bagends:  I would love to work with DMX..he is my favorite of all time...Ludacris, T.I....being from Brooklyn...Jay-Z would have to be up there on the list. Eminem as well. 


The Blast Blog:  Where do you see yourself in 5 years as an artist? 
Mono Bagends:  I never like to answer this question because you can't really plan out your future. You never know where life will take you. The expression is "the quickest way to get God to laugh is to announce your plans to him".  


The Blast Blog:  What's the story behind your latest single "On Fire"? 
Mono Bagends:  It is a positive inspirational song that the entire world can get behind. I've gone through a lot in my life and have persevered. When I heard the beat my soul lit up....I got chills listening to it and felt that I had to do it. I really took my time with it..the most I have done with any record I have done. 


The Blast Blog:  Who did you work with for this single and video? 
Mono Bagends:  Luxxury Music is the producer and Brian from wearepopstudios directed the video. I recorded it with my boy Filthy Rich in New York who also did the mix.  Everyone involved did a great job. 


The Blast Blog:  What are your plans for the single? 
Mono Bagends:  To make it pop off!!  I have received reports with tons of downloads and plays being referenced in the reports from music professionals. This song is a hit and it just needs to be heard. I am going to be attacking internet radio hard and promoting the video. 


The Blast Blog:  What projects are you working on next? 
Mono Bagends:  Right now I am finishing up my second album..It is untitled right now.  I have a few ideas for it but won't be announcing it just yet. 


The Blast Blog:  Why did you decide to go with The Giant Blast for extra PR and promotion for your single?  
Mono Bagends:  Upon talking to Jay, I felt like he was a honest person with integrity who answered all my questions with the right answers.  He got back to me in a timely fashion and was professional.  Those are the things I look for when deciding who to work with. 


The Blast Blog:  Is there anything else you would like to plug, any shout outs?
Mono Bagends:  Check out the video on youtube for "On Fire"...it really brings the song to life. I would like people to know where to check out my music, buy it if they are feeling it and where to read about the latest updates with my career.  The links are below:







No comments: